A death must be registered by law in the district within which the death occurs. We can tell you where the relevant office is.
Contact numbers of Local Registrars
Gloucestershire: 01452 425060
Oxfordshire: 0845 1295900 or 01865 861912
Warwickshire: 0300 555 0255
Under normal circumstances, the Death Certificate should be taken to the Registrar with, if possible, the deceased’s medical card. An apponitment to register should be made within 5 days of the date of death.
Who can Register a Death?
• Any relative of the deceased
• Any person present at death
• The occupier of the house where the death occurs • The person arranging the funeral
The procedure for registering a death is a simple interview with the Registrar who will require the following information:
- date and place of birth and death;
- the full name of the deceased;
- home address of the deceased;
- the Marital status of the deceased; and
- if the deceased is female, her maiden name, if applicable, and her husband’s full name and occupation
The Registrar will issue a Green Certificate (Certificate for Burial or Cremation) which should be handed to us as soon as possible.